Vampiros Mexicanos (Mexican Vampires)
The vampiro drink is a traditional Mexican beverage made with tamarind, lime, and sugar. The refreshing drink originates from the days of the Aztecs when it was believed that drinking this would help people avoid being bitten by vampires on Halloween night. This post will show you how to make your own vampiros Mexicanos!
Read more here:
- ice cubes, or as needed
- 1 ½ fluid ounces silver tequila (100% agave)
- 3 ounces sangrita (Mexican-style bloody mary mix with orange and lime)
- 1 ½ ounces citrus-flavored soda (such as Squirt®)
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 pinch Mexican-style chili powder with lime (such as Tajin® fruit seasoning)
- 1 pinch chili-lime seasoning (such as Tajin®)
Step 1 Fill a highball glass with ice cubes; pour in tequila, sangrita, citrus soda, lime juice, and chili-lime seasoning. Stir to mix well.