Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread
Pumpkin and pumpkin spice is a big thing this time of year, especially with the recent addition of Starbucks to our lives. I’m always looking for new recipes that use delicious fall flavors like pumpkin. My favorite recipe so far has been Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread from The Baker Chick blog. It’s moist and tastes like Fall! Check out the recipe below:
Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread Recipe.
This pumpkin bread recipe is the perfect fall treat. It’s moist, fluffy, and has just enough spices to give it that Downeast Maine flavor. This dessert is great for breakfast or even as a late-night snack while watching your favorite Thanksgiving day football game on TV! Give this recipe a try today and be sure to share your thoughts in the comments below.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- ⅔ cup water
- 3 cups white sugar
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Step 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 7×3 inch loaf pans.
- Step 2In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water and sugar until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour into the prepared pans.
- Step 3Bake for about 50 minutes in the preheated oven. Loaves are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.