If you’re tired of eating the same old waffles, give this recipe a try! These potato waffles are fluffy and delicious. They take less than an hour to make and can be eaten as a side dish or main meal. Let’s get cooking!
Potato Waffles are a breakfast staple from Ireland. They have been around for centuries and have been popularized in the US recently. Potato waffles can be served with butter, syrup, bacon or sausage, fruit toppings like blueberries and strawberries, whipped cream, or ice cream! These comfort food dishes will make your day brighter!
Potato Waffles are a delicious dish that is perfect for breakfast time. This recipe is easy to make and has many different variations of ingredients you can add to create your own taste preference. From traditional potatoes to more modern options such as sweet potato fries- there’s something for everyone here!
To get started on this recipe all you need is: 4 large russet potatoes peeled and gr
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Step 1 VMelt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Step 2 Cook and stir onion and garlic in the melted butter until onion is tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Step 3 Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Step 4 Combine onion mixture, mashed potatoes, flour, eggs, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl until well blended.
- Step 5 Scoop 1/4 to 1/2 cup batter (depending on size of waffle iron) into the center of waffle iron and close lid. Cook until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes.